Star Wars: Galactic Nights is headed back to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for one night only on December 16th. This special event sounds like a Star Wars fan’s dream as it celebrates the saga in its entirety including the brand new Star Wars: The Last Jedi film. I was invited by Disney to hear all about the event and try some of the treats like the Lightsaber churro. Here are some details below: – For Star Wars: Galactic Nights, Tower of Terror will display a special projection show titled Star Wars: Galactic Destinations!
– Warwick Davis will host the event.
– Select park attractions will be open to guests. This seems like a great time to enjoy the updated Star Tours – The Adventures Continue attraction now featuring new destinations and details from the upcoming movie and land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! At embarkation points to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, guests may come face-to-face with Stormtroopers on the lookout for a Rebel spy.
– The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will both be enhanced with special elements from the entire saga. In between, a DJ will keep things spinning at Center Stage for a Star Wars dance party.
– The Epic Theater plays host to a special one-night-only panel discussion about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, sharing some of the excitement coming to the 14-acre Star Wars-inspired expansion opening in 2019 at Disneyland Park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
– Park-wide, guests can step into immersive and iconic scenes from their favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations, including a new backdrop inspired by Star Wars Rebels.
– Star Wars: Galactic Nights features encounters with Star Wars characters like Ewoks, AWR Troopers and roaming droids; Jedi Knights teaching younglings in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple; rocketing to the stars aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; and stunning projection effects on park icons such as the Chinese Theatre. At Star Wars Launch Bay, home base for Star Wars fandom in the park, you never know what denizens from the light or dark side of The Force will appear.
– Don’t miss Darth Vader and a battalion of Imperial Stormtroopers march menacingly down Hollywood Boulevard.
– Even more specialty Star Wars-themed food and beverage and merchandise will be available. (Lightsaber churro, anyone?)
– Come dressed in your finest Star Wars. Arriving park guests will walk a red carpet that runs the length of Hollywood Boulevard. The street itself will be dressed in all the trappings of a Tinseltown premiere.
Event hours on Dec. 16 are 7 p.m.-midnight. Tickets are $129 for adults and $124 for children ages 3-9. Note there are discounts available for Annual Passholders and DVC Members. Tickets can be purchased at DisneyWorld.com or by calling 407-W-DISNEY (407 934-7639).